Yes, applying makeup gets the best of us – there are days when you’ll get your makeup spot on and then there are also days when the outcome makes you look like a witch or a pancake-face. Secretly, everyone has one signature look that they achieve with makeup because they’re too scared to experiment and make it too OTT. But there are so many colours that you can use and so many hacks that can help you get it right! Here are a few makeup hacks and tips given by makeup artist, Samaira Sandhu that’ll definitely clear your basics and help you get your bridal look on point, especially for that summer bride!
“Makeup that doesn’t show like makeup is what I believe in.”
PRO-TIP 1 – GET YOUR BASICS STRAIGHT
- Make your skin healthy by eating a balanced diet and following the right skincare routine.
- Follow a religious C.T.M.P. routine, it works wonders.
C – Cleansing
T – Toning
M – Moisturising
P – Protection
PRO-TIP 2 – FRESHNESS HACK
- Before your big day indulge in a good hydra facial at a good dermat.
PRO-TIP 3 – COLOUR CODE
- Summer brides should go light on the colours.
PRO-TIP 4 – ALL ABOUT THAT BASE
- Remember that your base should not be too cakey as the humidity makes your makeup patchy.
- Matte is what is preferred for skin and lips both, makes it last longer and pictures come out better.
PRO-TIP 5 – BALANCE OUT THE EYES AND LIPS
- If the focus is on your eyes you can go soft on the lips, you don’t have to match your lip colour to your outfit .
PRO-TIP 6 – GO GOLD FOR BOLD
- Gold is an important colour when it comes to Indian weddings, soft gold smokey eyes and a winged liner adds to that Indian-Bride signature look.
PRO-TIP 7 – OPEN YOUR EYES TO FALSE LASHES
- False lashes that are dramatic add lot of definition. (I use lashes on all my brides because I feel that it makes your eyes more expressive)
PRO-TIP 8 – EYE DRAMA
- If your eyes are small, do not fill kohl in the water line.
- Use a skin colour pencil to make your eyes look bigger instead.
- Make sure to not use white because it’s too stark. A flesh colour pencil looks natural and solves the purpose.
PRO-TIP 9 – HIGHLIGHT
A bit of highlighting on the right areas does no harm (bridge of the nose, cheekbones, temples and Cupid’s bow). Contouring the face will give you that ‘dreamy-chiseled look’.