Designer sarees?? What’s that?? It’s bygone days when people used to talk about designer sarees, these days ladies talk about designer blouses. It ain’t no paradigm shift, human kind is evolving (just kidding).
The saree or the lehanga can be plain and simple but the right styling of the blouse can steal a show for you. Ethnic is a given choice for everyone to don at a wedding. There’s a fair chance that you twin with someone known-unknown and it can be embarrassing, we know. Be your own stylist and style a bespoke outfit for yourself.
So we bring you the latest blouse styles that are trending this season. Pick the one that suits your personality and flaunt it like a fashionista.
My personal favourite is sheer style – it’s a real charmer. Sheer sleeves, sheer neckline or sheer back, anything sheer and lacy is sassy. It adds a little mod touch to the ethnic look of yours.
- Off Shoulders or Cold Shoulders
- Neck designs have always been the focal point of the blouse styles all these years but shoulder cuts and styles have taken the entire spotlight lately.
- Shirt Style
- Anushka’s Shirt blouse look in Cutipie song was wow-tastic. You can pair it up with the embellished palazzos, lehanga skirt or even sarees. Go heavy on neckpieces if you choose to pick plain shirt to bring out the best of the look.
- Cape Style
- Sonam Kapoor, the darling diva of Bollywood popularized the cape style blouses. Its flowing and breezy silhouette gives it very feminine yet graceful appeal. It not only looks cool with the lehanga but also accentuates the entire look in saree. Want it as a crop top or in a high-low style, choice is all yours.
- Old is gold as they say – they say it right. The knot has been in the trend since forever, the dori style has evolved over the years. You can spice it up more with the fancy latkans/tassels of your choice. If you wanna go for traditional yet sexy look, this is for you, my girl.
- Jacket Style
- Inspired from Rajasthani-Gujarati traditional attire, Jacket blouses are in trend and they ain’t going anywhere in near future, believe us. Mirror work or embellished designs are common in jacket style. Just FYI – go minimal on jewellery against the jacket style.
7. Crew Neck or Boat Neck
- With a flowy-simple chiffon or silk saree go with heavy crew neck or boat neck blouse. Favourite of many Bollywood beauties, this style is a comfortable choice if you don’t like showing much. You must not go for boat neck if you are broad shouldered.