On a bright sunny day when everything around is vibrant and upbeat, a bride can’t afford to be uncomfy at all. You not only need to look good but gotta feel good to enjoy the biggest day of your life to the fullest – so get a flowy dress that provides supreme mobility and is easy peasy lemon squeezy to sport in summer. Check these seven points off the list if you are gonna be the summer bride.
- Soothing Colours
- Top most on the list is colour for obvious reasons. We suggest don’t go for dark and deep colours like maroon, navy blue, etc. rather opt for cooler tones like mint, lavender, blush pink, etc. Pastels can be the perfect choice though.
2. Avoid Embroidery
- Heavy embroidery and #OTT work is a big NO-NO, it won’t just engulf you in the heat but also make it tough for you to walk around. I am sure discomfort isn’t something that you would love to wear at your wedding.
3. Peppy Prints
- Instead, play with prints we say. Sober flowery prints look aah-mazing on mehendi function and if yours is a morning wedding, you can blindly vouch for prints, just like famous blogger, Akriti Gill.
4. Lighter Fabric
- No Velvets, please! We know velvet lehangs look super GORG, but darling, it’s summer. Flowy fabrics like Chiffon, brocade, georgette, etc. don’t just look glamorous but are equally comfy.
5. No Heavy Blouse.
- Lesser the embroidery, better it is. Choose simple and lightweight blouse over embellished and heavily sequined one. Sweat patches and drenched handkerchiefs aren’t things you’d want to enjoy at your wedding.
6. Go Light and Muted.
- Yes! You are an Indian bride, but summer it is, my friend. You can’t don mettle from head to toe. Go lighter on jewelley and muted on make-up – too much of jewelley and make-up would not cover up anything, instead would ruin the entire look when you’ll not stop perspiring.
7. Play With Dupatta
- If your outfit is lighter and simple you can definitely make a statement with an embellished dupatta. You can even choose to have a NO DUPATTA look for you mehendi or may be sangeet, obviously depending upon your attire.