Ah yes, V Day is approaching and couples must be getting ready with their extravagant or not-so-flashy plans for the big day. They say that Valentine’s Day changes after the couple gets married. It’s true, it does change majorly. But that’s a change that only a married couple can tell. Wanna know more about the dreaded change? It isn’t as bad as you think, in fact, it’s WAYYYY BETTER!
PLANNING – Plans change dramatically for the better.
- For starters, your plans don’t have to be low profile anymore. Who do you gotta hide them plans from? You’ve already got the Indian “thappa” of approval (by getting married, of course)!
- Gone are the days when you had to book a table at a nice restaurant for a date. Why not plan a trip instead? Now that you’re married, there will be no “log kya kahenge beta?”. It’s a fact, MARRIAGE = NO SHAME. And what’s better than getting away from the world with your better half on the cheesiest day we know. Hint: the hills are calling with no validation from parents required.
BE A BOSS, LIKE A BOSS – Executing those plans isn’t gonna be a problem at all.
- Exchanging gifts? Well, guess who doesn’t have to hide them from le momma and le papa this time! Yes, you WILL be keeping that rose that cost 100 rupees, on Rose Day.
- Unless, of course, you don’t have to do the whole “Valentine’s Week” at all, which is awesome!
- Made last minute plans to get away for a day? At least you won’t spend that entire get-away, answering a million questions about your whereabouts, asked by your extremely-paranoid parents. Yes, your marriage teaches your parents the feeling of shame.
- The chemist can’t make you feel embarrassed, this time you can look him right in the eye! Marriage is a license to have sex in the birthplace of the Kamasutra. Ironic, isn’t it?
THE SWEET ESCAPE
- Or no escape, to begin with. You’re married now. No need to collect your clothes and run out of the house with a bundle in your arms, wearing only boxers. Your ‘jumping out of windows and climbing up and down drain-pipes’ days are over! You can cuddle in bed until you need to kick that blanket off!
- Sneaking around is ancient, you live together now.
- Those cleaning-up days are long gone! Stop collecting the fallen hair strands on the floor and treat yourself to some strawberries and champagne for a change!
It does sound better now, doesn’t it?